A record attendance and an unprecedented number of learning opportunities for the Dynamics 365 community made eXtreme365 Lisbon the most successful eXtreme conference yet.
Extreme365 drew the Dynamics 365 community to Lisbon (March 13-17) for two separate conferences, one for Partners and one for Customers. It’s the seventh year for the conferences, known as eXtremeCRM until this year.
“The Microsoft shift to Dynamics 365 really played a role in our planning and direction for this event – and we’re thankful for the help from Microsoft, sponsors and our board of directors from within the Dynamics 365 community for their hard work and planning input, which led to such a successful event,” said eXtreme365 CEO Christy Spokely.
What made eXtreme365 Lisbon such a success?
- The conference more than doubled participation from earlier events, with more than 1,000 participants from 34 countries.
- The first time eXtreme365 for Customer conference attracted more than 300 attendees.
- Extreme365 offered the largest number of conference sessions in its history, drawing more than 100 speakers to Lisbon.
- More than 250 attendees joined full-day Microsoft and ISV product training events.
- The Executive Exchange, where a limited group of Microsoft Partners and Dynamics 365 community leaders work together to forward business interests, sold out once again.
“We’re grateful for an unprecedented amount of participant feedback too, which we use to help direct our future events,” said Spokely, CEO of eXtreme365 and early in her career an original Microsoft Dynamics CRM team member.
Where will the next eXtreme365 conference be held?
“We always ask participants where they’d like to go next, and we’ve got a good jump on finding a location for our U.S. event in the fall of 2017 and in Europe during the spring of 2018. We’ll reveal those sites soon,” said Spokely.
About eXtreme365: eXtreme365 is an independent organization hosting two conferences annually for the Dynamics 365 community. One in the U.S. and one in Europe, eXtreme365 is where the Microsoft Dynamics 365 community comes together to forge relationships, gain real-world knowledge and dive deep into current and future technologies.
For more information contact:
Christy Spokely, CEO, eXtreme365