There’s never been a time when customer engagement has been so critical. With the advent of Business Applications and the development of Dynamics 365 CE, there’s a lot to take in, a lot to learn to bring partners up to speed on the newest tools and tech advances.
That’s where eXtreme365 Austin (Dec. 3-6) comes in. Below is just a sample of the multi-faceted learning opportunities at the March event.
Keynotes – Our Microsoft Road Map series
- Business Applications from Microsoft: An Unparalleled Opportunity – Cecilia Flombaum, Microsoft Worldwide Business Applications Partner Lead
Building Insight nd Expertise
- Integrate Powerapps into Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
- Dynamics 365 Portal Extensibility Model: Build Custom Server Code!
- Security in Power BI for Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement
- Elevate Your Dynamics Driven Contact Center to the Cloud
- Improving Field Services Implementations: Considerations and Challenges
- 10 Tips to Plan for a Successful D365 Portals Project
- No-code Hacks You Didn’t Think Were Possible!
- How to Deploy, Configure and Use Universal Resource Scheduling
- Power up Productivity and Quality by Using Xrmtoolbox
- Not Qualified for Microsoft Fasttrack? alternate Strategies for Moving Your On-premises Dynamics 365 to Online
Some courses are reaching capacity to if you haven’t already, now’s the time to register for eXtreme365 Austin, Dec. 3-6.